Monday 23 May 2016

Jack Can Save the World







Image credit Consciousazine

Mercury Retrograde  has been finally kicked out on its arse.

What a long three weeks that was. And it did not go quietly at all.
She hung on for dear life with her gnarled toenails hooked into all drama around me and my car.
It was nearly enough to send me to the drink. 

Only I don't drink.


Going way beyond “trusting that everything happens for a reason” I am now practicing radical self love in the form of just damn well loving the shit out of every moment. 

The sun rises over the escarpment to the monkeys and toucans calling out to their loved ones.

Love it.

The rain fills my favourite water hole and I sit under the waterfall massaging my neck. 

Love it.

My car breaks down AGAIN, my phone runs out of minutes so I cant call anyone and my son is at someones house whom I cant contact.
Love it.
I cant get home for two days and end up sleeping on a couch and find myself doing naked yoga in the forest.
Love it.
My son comes home dosed up on flu like symptoms and is grumpy and feeling sorry for himself. Love it.
Love it all. 

Why the hell not.
Not loving it only causes me to feel upset, angry and confused. I have spent way too much of my life feeling that way..so now it is time to feel this way. In Love With It All. No need to trust, no need to hope, just pure LOVE baby!!!

As soon as Mercury left its retrograde chaos where we all had the chance to renew, revisit and recharge I personally went into re wild mode under the full moon of May that reached from Libra to Taurus. An auspicious full moon, known as the Wesak full moon, it celebrates the birth, enlightenment and death of Lord Buddha, formally known as Siddhartha.
We are certainly in for some changes on the planet as it is time to shift our attention onto new role models.


As the paradigm shifts we shall see trends in the world where men are daring to live their femininity and are not held back by the social dictation anymore and do what they feel and not just what they think is right for them.  
Aho  to that !! I am so ready for that one and will be celebrating any man I find along my path that dances and eats fruit naked !!



Speaking of fruit, I want to talk about Jack Fruit.
My new love. 


Not only is it a taste sensation to rock your world with the flesh being used for ice creams, smoothies and curries whilst the seeds are used for flour and hummus, it is being hailed as the miracle crop and could be the solution to worldwide food insecurity saving the world from hunger.

No wonder I am in love with Jack !!!

Consuming 10 to 12 bulbs of the fruit you don't actually need to eat for half a day.
It is the largest tree borne fruit on the planet and grows up to 35 kg in Asia...
that is a lot of fruit!! A good source of dietary fiber, protein calcium and iron it could possibly replace crops such as wheat and corn due to its high calorie content.

I generally make ice cream from it but whilst I was cooking for an awesome group of people during the “Secret Energy' retreat with “Sevan Bomar” I branched out and made a rocking curry and a “to die for” birthday cake.
One person went as far as to say it was the best cake they have ever eaten !!!
Oh my love for Jack only deepens.

 

With all of this going for it I have added hugging jack fruit to my loving routine along side of hugging trees, my son and myself.

Generally eating a truck load of fruit is not entirely a bad thing. 
In fact peoples lives are devoted to it with retreats designed solely around eating fruit and entire festivals where you can go and eat a truck load of fruit !! Woodstock has one and so does Costa Rica. In fact I am going to the one in Costa Rica to massage and cover people in the fruit of chocolate !!

The rainy season is upon us.
 Filling up my favourite water hole, greening all that is around us, making soil into mud and putting a stop to afternoon activities.

With the rainy season comes damp conditions both inside and outside of the body.
Neighbours are dropping like flies with the Flu including my son, who is normally climbing trees like a monkey.


So I went into the forest to find us some medicine.

Food foraging is one of my new favourite things to do.
This morning I found a small and sweet pineapple, I dug up turmeric and ginger, collected katuk greens and picked up the pipa ( coconut ) that fell out of the tree last night by our kitchen window.



With all of these ingredients I blended them up to make juices, one green with the katuk and one without it to make some super powerful flu fighting drinks.
Combined, turmeric, ginger and black pepper provides a great immune boosting injection of goodness. 


And so does more hugging. Always hug more. Laugh more and love more.

No comments:

Post a Comment