Saturday 24 September 2016

The Art Of Ritual


Rituals
 

Rituals have played an important role for centuries.
Namely religious and spiritual based the act of performing rituals is something that we as humans have been doing since the beginning of time.
( I am sure I was there, but I just don't remember the details at the moment )

Our rituals become our habits. But in place of habits, rituals are moments we create to create our moments of prayer, gratitude and manifestation.
Rituals can also play a huge role in grounding ourselves into our day, at the end of a day and at the beginning of a coming together.
Rituals also play a role in creating a sense of safety and protection and a way to quell nerves before an event. Like going to a job interview, entering your house at the end of the day after a long day away, before a competitive event or when your child comes home from school.


In the late 1940s, anthropologist Bronislaw Malinowski lived among the inhabitants of islands in the South Pacific Ocean. When residents went fishing in the turbulent, shark-infested waters beyond the coral reef, they performed specific rituals to invoke magical powers for their safety and protection. When they fished in the calm waters of a lagoon, they treated the fishing trip as an ordinary event and did not perform any rituals. Malinowski suggested that people are more likely to turn to rituals when they face situations where the outcome is important and uncertain and beyond their control – as when sharks are present.


My rituals are a long way from shark infested waters.
But my favourite ones do include water.


On rising in the morning I religiously drink warm water with the juice of a lemon and a decent splash of cayenne pepper, to waken up my sleepy digestion.
I then do a combination of dry skin brushing, face washing with aloe vera and egg white and I say hello to my beautiful self.
In fact before I even get our of bed I smile to myself and whisper “Thank you Thank You Thank You” in immense gratitude to spirit as I hear the sounds of the jungle waking up around me.


After my self care I like to do some yoga and a few of the 5 Tibetans.


One ritual that my son and I make sure we do every morning is our Morning hug.
This entails us laying down on the bed or on huge cushions as we laugh, tickle and re tell our dreams from the night before.
This is one of my favourite ways to connect with my son.


After all of this my all time rock on ritual is self pleasure .
 

And to self pleasure by the river on a rock in the jungle is the best way for me.
I go down to the water hole on the property with my coconut oil and a rug and find my favourite rock to lie on.
And I walk through the jungle bare footed.
Skin on the earth is the surest way to connect to your
Wild Womban.

 

What ever it is that I am wanting to call in I think about and imagine having it in my life now.
With Morpho butterflies and hummingbirds flying all around I bring myself to delicious orgasm shooting my energy up to the universal cup of dreams and manifestations.
After this with the hugest smile on my face and warm fuzzies running through my belly I swim and exercise under the water fall in the water hole.
Pura Vida in deed. 
Pure life at its best.


Happy Ritual making.


You can follow me on Instagram
and even on YouTube


Have a glorious day
Melissa in the Jungle of Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment