Wednesday 15 June 2016

Almond Butter Chocolate


It is all about the chocolate.
And right now it is all about Almond butter in the chocolate.

Vegan and delicious




Yesterday I discovered a  sensational   way to make the chocolate I make even more tastier... Hard to believe but true !!

So       
for these almond filled pieces of chocolate heaven I used


For the chocolate
Cacao paste
Cacao butter
Almond oil
Sea salt &
Honey.

Filling
Almond butter.
Honey &
Shredded coconut.

Normally I use coconut oil but this time I used the oil on top of the butter that sits in the jar when the nut paste separates from the natural nut oil. 
 
Oh My God...ess

First you need to melt the cacao paste with cacao butter, oil, sea salt and honey on a double boiler. I just use a small frying pas on top of a saucepan.

And.....I do not measure. I just go with feel.
Generally it is about one part cacao paste to ¼ part cacao paste to ¼ to 1/3 part oil then a pinch of sea salt and add honey to taste.

I also add things like cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.

Once melted pour a small amount ( using a spoon ) into each mold ( for these you can use ice trays even ) to cover about 1/3 of the mold. Then spoon chocolate up the sides to coat a thin layer creating a “chocolate box effect “.
You can even use a paint brush to coat the four sides of each mold.

Put in freezer for about 10 to 15 min.

Take molds/tray out and fill each mold with almond butter/honey/shredded coconut mix. Leaving space for more melted chocolate to be poured on top.

Once you have filled each mold with the almond butter mix, pour more chocolate on top to fill the mold and then put back in the freezer.

Eat with Passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment